CBBC's involvement in intellectual property and/or in connection with cultural and advertising industries includes a variety of consultancy, assistance and representation activities in administrative proceedings before public authorities with responsibilities in the field of interest, but also in litigation
Among others, CBBC:
- provides assistance and/or representation in administrative proceedings (documentary research, applications for registration, oppositions, appeals and other such proceedings) conducted before the State Office for Inventions and Trademarks, the European Union Intellectual Property Office and other competent authorities on trademarks, designs, geographical indications, traditional specialties guaranteed and mountain products;
- provides assistance and/or representation in administrative proceedings before the Romanian Copyright Office and collective management bodies in connection with copyright and copyright-related rights;
- advises authors, performers and producers of cinematographic and other audiovisual works, computer programs, sound and video programs, broadcasters and other entities that communicate creative content to the public with regards to the negotiation, conclusion and execution of contracts in connection to the creation, financing, production and exploitation of works and artistic performances, as well as in the exploitation of personality rights;
– advises holders of industrial property rights on the negotiation, conclusion and execution of contracts during the exploitation of the rights mentioned above (for example, license-, assignment- or franchise contracts and transfer of know-how/savoir faire);
- advises participants in the circuit of the advertising industry (beneficiaries, advertising and marketing agencies, media directors etc.) to regularize advertising campaigns, including, but not limited to, the verification of advertising communications, commercial practices (such as games and lotteries), labels and packaging, but also on the negotiation, conclusion and execution of contracts involved in the advertising industry, including product placement and sponsorship; product placement și sponsorizare;
- provides assistance and/or representation in pre-litigation and litigation proceedings before courts and other competent authorities (such as, but not limited to, the National Authority for Consumer Protection, the Competition Council, the National Audiovisual Council, the General Directorate of State Aid, Unfair Practices and Regulated Prices within the Ministry of Finance, the General Directorate of Customs within the National Agency for Fiscal Administration and others) in connection with the infringement of intellectual property rights, personality rights and other rights arising from audiovisual legislation, unfair competition, financing of production of cultural works and events, consumer protection, misleading and comparative advertising etc. et caetera.